Tools Add
Rss Categories

Wolverine Ski Challenge Trail Update

Views: 1474 Created: 2012-12-05 06:32 Last Updated: 2012-12-05 11:32 0 Rating/ 0 Voters

December 5, 2012

Although the entire course was much too soft to walk without adding to the weather damage, I sampled it in several places a found a persistent ribbon of snow where it had been well packed on the Powderhorn loop. When this freezes, it may well be a reasonable base for more snow on this 5K loop. However, it will definitely require several inches of snow to cover what will become an icy base.

The current forecast is for about a 20-30% chance of snow each day starting tomorrow. We will plan to race if there is enough snow.

Online registration will be extended until Thursday 12/6 midnight and will be refundable minus the $3.50 the online registration charges for their service. We will make a call as to the viability of this race sometime on Thursday so that decisions about online registration can be made Thursday evening for those who wish to wait.

Just so you know, all along, we have been in contact with two venues with manmade snow as potential backup sites; however, the warm weather has also taken them out of the running.

Thanks for your patience.
Rob Gardner

Info Ask a Question